Make your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes. Psalm 119:135







Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Drop the STUFF!!!

I have had this on my mind and wanted to share it with you.  Today's post won't be long but I feel that God is urging me to share this video with you.

Last Sunday evening, as I stood up to leave out of my Beth Moore Bible Study, I grabbed my Bible, my workbook, my purse and my Diet Coke.  When I walked out the door, my husband met me with both of my boys.  I picked up my youngest son and as we began to go down the stairs Sam, my oldest, asked to hold my hand.  Well, needless to say, I did not have another hand to give because I was holding onto so much STUFF.  As I walked down those stairs, thinking about that STUFF in my arms, how heavy it all was, and how I didn't have another hand to give, I was reminded of a video I had seen earlier that morning on a church service that Ryan and I watch before attending our church.


The bottom line is this:  We all have stuff, baggage in our lives that keeps us from DOING and BEING all God wants of us.  Until we let go of some of the baggage, if not all of it, we are never going to move forward in our walk with the Lord.  If you are holding onto something, my friend, be it little or big, it is hindering you from growing spiritually, and SATAN is having a field day with that.  Don't let him have the satisfaction of being able to use that as a tool to keep you from becoming all God wants you to be.

Satan used my baggage of insecurity, lack of trust, sin and pride against me for a very long time.  For a long time, I would "give" my STUFF over to God but the next day, I would pick it right back up and hold onto it so tight that you could pry it out of my hands.  This almost caused my marriage to fail.  I realized, the hard way, that if I would COMPLETELY give these things over to Christ, I would be free from the chains that held me in bondage.  Was it easy? NO!  Because the first time something came up, Satan tried to use the very things that I gave to Christ against me like never before.  But you know what?!  I was free of that bondage and I could lift my empty, light, weightless arms to my God with a Faith like never before, asking Him to protect me from the snare of the trapper. 

I could ramble on and on about this but I can NEVER hold a candle to the message in this video. 

WATCH IT!  BELIEVE IT!  DO IT!!! 

 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.  ~Hebrews 12:1



No comments:

Post a Comment